In recent days, some readers have encountered an error message with the code 80048820 error msn. This problem occurs for several reasons. Let’s discuss this below.
Quick and Easy PC Repair
1) Your system clock may show the wrong time or date! (Bad period is the most likely consequence of 80048820). 2) Incorrect proxy settings for Internet Explorer. 3) Problems with the firewall.
MSN Messenger Error Code Is 80048820
Symptoms You Are Experiencing
If you start MSN Messenger and even try to log in, you’ll get error 80048820. It’s a wild guess that the system time or date needs to be moved.
There are several reasons for this error:
1) Incorrect proxy setting for Internet Explorer.
2) softpub.dll can no longer be registered.
3) Your system clock may not show the correct time and date! or (Wrong time is always the most likely cause with respect to 80048820).
4) Firewall issues. Especially with Netgear.
Internet Explorer. Try removing the pause next to Internet Explorer’s “Proxy Server” settings, instead go to “Auto-detect settings”.
1) Launch the Internet Click “File Explorer”, “Tools”, then “Internet Options”. In the chat window
Internet Options, navigate to the Connection Costs section.
Click LAN settings. Uncheck “Use a proxy server for your awesome LAN settings” (they are not implemented for dial-up or VPN connections). Finally, turn on: complete “Auto-detect settings”.
2) Register softpub.dll.
Click Start (button), then click Run, type softpub regsvr32.dll. Restart MSN Messenger. See also error 81000314
3) Code If necessary, log in as an administrator and set the computer call to the correct date and time. (Check online if necessary.)
4) Temporarily disable the firewall. Check firewall events such as Norton: “Block access to help you with secure websites.” If this is re To solve the problem, make sure Microsoft’s MSN Messenger has full access through your firewall.
SolarWinds Firewall Browser
Here org/2000/svg’%20viewbox=’0%200%20194%20152’%3e%3c/svg%3e”> has always been a utility to monitor firewall settings such as list access (ACL ) or fix network address translation (NAT) problems.
Another reason to allow them to download this SolarWinds Firewall Browser is to make sure you process requests to change your location and firewall and check firewall rules before posting them online.
Guy recommends that owners download a copy of the free SolarWinds Firewall Browser.
Problem with NetGear and also with other routers
a) Enter the IP address 192.168.0.in 1 in the address bar of your browser.
b) Log in with your ISP user and find out the password.
c) Enter administrator name and password
d) Go to the “Advanced” section to view the product list and WAN configuration
e) Change the MTU size to 1400
5) Try to enter a password no longer than 8 characters.
6) If we are using IE 7.0, please checkCheck your current SSL settings. Advanced Internet Options (tab) is omitted. Security section. Check the “Use SSL 2.0” box.
7) One of the easiest ways to fix MSN error 80048820 is to turn off, restart your computer or modem. This is a particularly effective modem cable.
8) We should have tried this solution earlier; Just make sure the MSN site is “Available” and “Active”. But even if the site is down, you usually don’t get error code 80048820.
8a) As an alternative, some kind of online check, you can call your local Microsoft support office. Local numbers are available at http://support.microsoft.com.
9) Have you just installed your antivirus software? Antivirus software just made a major update? Try Crippling and see if that fixes the error.
10) The ultimate solution is to uninstall MSN Messenger version 8.0 or 7.5 and install Microsoft MSN version .0.
Guy Recommends: Free IP Tracking Email (IPAT)
CalculateIP address betting is a dark art that most network administrators solve by creating custom Excel spreadsheets. IPAT solves this situation with social media IP allocation in two ways:
For Mr. Organized is a great subnet calculator, you enter a network address in addition to a subnet mask, then IPAT calculates the addresses used and their ranges. For Mr. Lazy IPAT also recognizes the displayed IP addresses of existing computers.
Download Free IP Tracker
Common But Classic Methods
MSN Error Code Summary 80048820
If you’re suffering from MSN error code 80048820, check your system clock. If the time and date are correct, try disabling the firewall.
If more things are broken: Laugh – tick to choose one of these funny computer messages
If your whole family liked this page, share it with your friendsEnjoy a faster